Friday 21 June 2013

Casserole cosy

It's been a long while since I did serious sewing as my toddler loves to get stuck in whatever I'm doing so scissors, pins and a sewing machine are nos nos. I chanced to have a few days off work this week and so it was time to break out the sewing machine. So many projects to choose from, I was contemplating circle skirts and even a dress (being overly ambitious there) then I settled on this casserole cosy, whenever I attend a pot luck, some of the ladies will bring their casseroles in these lovely and yet practical cosies. Easy to carry, insulated to keep the food warm (important in this climate) and most importantly pleasing to the eyes! I found a pattern a while back so out it came and after some planning (done in my head, yes, I'm one of those gungho sewers) I put scissors to fabric. After some unpicking due to gungho attitude and an almost missed hair appointment due to being too engrossed in trying to complete it before little one comes home from nursery, I managed to complete a decent looking casserole cosy....now when is the next potluck so I can show off? Haha....

Machine quilt with thermal insulation
Empty cosy, showing the contrasting lining
Top view

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment