Tuesday 21 May 2013

Lithodora diffusa 'Heavenly Blue'

In case you are wondering, no I'm not going to start spouting Latin names of plants and flowers. I just so happen to save the little card that came with this plant so instead of saying those little blue flowers, I thought I'd use its proper name. This is one of the first few plants I planted when we first moved in, so it's about 3 years old now, it's been going strong giving me lots of little blue flowers starting from spring till late autumn, I'm well pleased with it. It is also one of the few plants that stay evergreen through the winter months helping my garden look like a home for plants rather than a dead wasteland. This year when it's done flowering I will attempt to divide it and see if I can get another plant from it.

The images make the flowers look more purple than the striking blue it actually is

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment