Tuesday 15 May 2012

From grass to gravel in a day



Our side lawn has been given a makeover, after 2 years, the grass has lost the battle to moss and poor draining soil. So I had to give in and get rid of the grass but I still didnt want something that was not green, or gave the impression of 'green-ness'. So from rock garden to zen garden to 'get the job done with least cost', we ended up with gravel, rocks (courtesy of our house developer, dug up from the back garden), and a few hebes. With a team of 2 and a half and the surprising coorperation of the weather, we got it all done working from 9 in the morning till 7 in the evening.

Once the winning shot of the new mow-free side lawn ( I guess we can't call it lawn anymore) was taken, I realised that I forgot to take the before shot. I had to dig out an old photo, see below, just imagine the grass looking less green and more yellow. 




Before ... taken almost 2 years ago


New mow-free look!

No comments:

Post a Comment